Soul Sessions With Mathabo
Tagged as African Jazz, African Soul, RnB, Soul
A smooth mix of Soul, Rhythm and Blues, Jazz and Native Rhythms from across the African continent while taking a few moments in between to relax and reflect.
- “African Soul, Rhythm and Blues, Jazz and Native Rhythms music playlist” – Each week has a different theme e.g. Male solo artist, female solo artists, duos, duets, groups and collaborations etc.
- “Trending in Africa”: Discussion of a prevalent topic in Africa
- “Reflection”- Moment of reflection on the topic in “Trending in Africa
- “Commitment”: Commitment to do something small and simple based on the “Reflection”
- “Bubbling Under”: Interview with an upcoming artist and preview of their chosen single
- “Dalisu Jazz Corner”: Old-school jazz classics by artist loved my Mathabo’s father (the late Reverend Dalisu Zungu)
- “Album Feature”: Monthly review of latest album/EP by an African artist to look out for
Soul Sessions With Mathabo crew
Since qualifying as a Mechanical Engineer, Mathabo has had a successful career in Operations and Consulting for almost a decade (having worked for Sasol, South African Breweries, Mckinsey & Company and Deloitte). However, her passion for music remained undeterred leading to the decision to leave her consulting career to focus on her entertainment career full time. Since then, Mathabo has released singles called “Take Me Away”, “BBB” and “African”. She is also featured on “Pelo ea ka” with Mosotho Let’sela and Kommanda Obbs as well as “Found You” by Mr Mo